RESTRUCTURING ADVICE AND SUPPORT
Our restructuring and insolvency team is here to help businesses during these unprecedented times
We are experts in the delivery of advice and assistance to companies and individuals who are facing an uncertain financial future. Our aim is to prevent insolvency from occurring wherever possible.
We are skilled advisors offering advice and assistance on restructuring. All of the tools and levers we would normally deploy to financially stressed or distressed business are available. The only difference now is the speed with which these need to be deployed to prepare currently healthy businesses for the coming weeks and months.
We advise on:
- Practical steps to focus on liquidity and therefore long term survival;
- Overhead reduction and other mitigation actions;
- Management structures and change;
- Crisis management and adoption of new strategies;
- Cash-flow smoothing/managing payments to creditors (including HMRC and landlord discussions);
- Security and financing issues/discussions with lenders and investors (including refinancing);
- Informal standstill agreements/reorganisations; and
- Formal insolvency options.
We work closely with our other departments to provide specialist advice including, but not limited to, property, employment, corporate and commercial (including finance) and litigation advice.
We have been following the Government’s aid packages and are in communication with a number of the banks involved. We are able to assist clients in understanding what these packages are and to whom they will be available. Together with our finance colleagues in the corporate team we are able to help with access to these funds.
Our aim is to make sure that businesses have access to our advice now, before it is too late, to preserve viable businesses or to assist those that are no longer viable in the mid to longer term to come to an orderly close (protecting the management teams in the process).