Webinar: Addressing the repercussions of COVID-19: how social impact investment can help us build back better
COVID-19 has exacerbated the pre-existing inequalities in our society; during the pandemic our poorest communities have suffered the highest rates of death, job losses and levels of food insecurity. As we slowly transition from lockdown we run the risk that returning to ‘business as usual’ could give rise to even greater inequalities.
BDB Pitmans are delighted to be hosting a webinar to discuss if the time has come for an impact revolution and how companies, institutions and impact investors can work together to meet these challenges, including:
- the different forms of impact investing;
- why the principles underpinning impact investment are more relevant post-pandemic;
- what role should impact investment play in the recovery, re-build phase of the pandemic;
- should impact investors view growth differently in a post-Covid world;
- what are the barriers to impact investment and how these might be addressed;
- how can charities align their investments with their mission to achieve greater impact;
- should we look to pension funds to engage with impact investing;
- what is the status of impact investment in emerging markets in the developing world; and
- the role of the Government in promoting impact investment.
Line-up to include:
- Sarah Gordon, Chief Executive Officer at Impact Investing Institute
- David Rossow, Strategic Investor at the Gates Foundation
- Paul Blyth, Chair of Financial Inclusion Forum, sits on the board of the Church Investors Group, and on the Friends Provident Foundation Investment Committee
- Simon Chisholm, Chief Investment Officer of Resonance, creating and managing social impact investment funds
- Jonathan Brinsden, Charity and not for profit partner at BDB Pitmans.
To register your attendance, please click on the ‘Register interest’ button.
Please note: this webinar will be held using Zoom and a link will be sent to you following confirmation of your registration and will also be resent on the morning of the webinar.
We hope you can join us.
Stay in the know
Sign up to receive our blogs, newsletters and event invitations direct to your inbox