Webinar: Brexit, covid and internationally mobile workers
BDB Pitmans and PEM Accountants invite you to a webinar in which they will explore how Brexit and COVID-19 have affected how and where companies employ staff and provide services.
Kate Millard, Director of Employment Taxes at PEM and Tim Hayes, Legal Director in our employment team, will talk through the tax, employment and immigration issues relating to international workers in this particular set of circumstances. Areas they will discuss will include:
- what are the tax and payroll implications in the UK and overseas if a worker works outside of the UK?
- what tax and payroll obligations do I have in respect of employees coming to work in the UK from overseas on a short or longer term basis?
- what employment laws will apply to employees located overseas?
- can I bring mobile workers back into the UK office once the pandemic is over?
- can my UK staff travel to the EU on business now?
- can business visitors come to the UK from the EU on a short-term basis?
- how easy is it to sponsor foreign workers into the UK under the new points-based immigration system?
- Do I need to undertake checks on EU national employees to ensure they have the right to work in the UK post-Brexit?
To register your attendance, please click on the ‘Register interest’ button.
Please note: this webinar will be held using Zoom and a link will be sent to you in your registration confirmation email and will also be resent on the morning of the webinar.
We hope you can join us.
Stay in the know
Sign up to receive our blogs, newsletters and event invitations direct to your inbox