Webinar: COVID-19 and Employment Tribunals – what do you need to know?
Employment Tribunals are reportedly facing the biggest backlog of claims for 10 years, impacted by both the COVID-19 pandemic and the ever increasing numbers of claims.
The number of claims look set to rise, with anticipated increases in claims by employees for health and safety detriment and dismissal, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal. Claimants bringing whistleblowing claims can also bring claims for interim relief which requires the employer to get their house in order very quickly for a speedy interim trial.
The topics that we will cover include:
- recent and future anticipated trends in the Employment Tribunal;
- anticipated types of claims arising out of decisions being taken by employers as a result of the pandemic;
- ways in which the Employment Tribunal has adapted in light of the pandemic;
- what to expect from and the challenges of a virtual hearing in the Employment Tribunal, including giving evidence remotely;
- general tips and hints for dealing with ACAS early conciliation and Employment Tribunal claims; and
- how to put your business in the best possible position to defend any such claims.
There will be the opportunity for Q&A at the end of the session.
To register your attendance, please click on the ‘Register interest’ button.
Please note: this webinar will be held using Zoom and a link will be sent to you in your registration confirmation email.
We hope you can join us.
Stay in the know
Sign up to receive our blogs, newsletters and event invitations direct to your inbox