Our teams have experience of acting on disputes involving a range of construction projects from major infrastructure projects and office developments to the renovation of private residential properties.Sectors and Services
Complications often arise in property. Resolving these disputes requires a quick response with specialists who understand the risks associated and give you clear, practical advice.
We provide advice on all stages of the dispute management process.
We can advise on:
- Dispute Avoidance
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Litigation in the Technology and Construction Court
Our expertise includes advising on disputes involving building and engineering contracts, consultants’ professional appointments, collateral warranties, extensions of time, delays on completion, final accounts, defects and professional negligence. We also advise on transactional construction law.
We always seek to guide our clients on the most appropriate options available when facing a dispute. Our experienced team covers all levels of court work right up to the Supreme Court, and are skilled at dealing with disputes in other dispute resolution forums such as the property tribunals, arbitration and mediation.
In addition we uniquely offer advice in the high-end residential property market and in leasehold enfranchisement disputes, particularly in prime central London. We are also strong in the field of compulsory purchase, whether acting for acquiring authorities or landowners.
Working with a wide range of clients we help them to protect and develop their property interests.
- Asset managers
- City livery companies
- Housing associations
- Landed estates
- Private individuals
- Property investment companies
- Public bodies
The team’s expertise covers a range of real estate disputes relating to commercial, residential and mixed-use properties including:
- Boundary disputes
- Claims for compensation under the Compulsory Purchase Act 1965
- Disputed easements
- Disputes over contracts for the sale of land
- Misrepresentation claims
- Noise and other nuisance claims
- Options and rights of preemption
- Party wall disputes
- Property and insolvency issues, and
- Property-related professional negligence claims
- Restrictive covenants
- Rights of light claims
- Trespass/squatters/adverse possession
We also deal with all types of landlord and tenant disputes including:
- Breaches of covenant
- Business lease renewal claims
- Dilapidations and repairs
- Disputed rent reviews
- Disputes regarding consent to assign or underlet
- Possession and forfeiture
- Rent arrears
- Service charge disputes
Agriculture and Rural Disputes
Agriculture and rural disputes involving land, buildings and leases can often be complex and involve many different personal and business interests.
- Construction brochure File size: 1.86 MB
- Property Litigation brochure File size: 2.37 MB
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution brochure File size: 2.50 MB
Related Services and Sectors
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate
- Development (Acquisitions)
- New Homes
- Planning and Environment
- Residential Landlord and Tenant
The client service at BDB was excellent. They provided good advice and carried out all necessary steps.
Chambers and Partners UK 2019
BDB - A good, integrated team who are all aware of other litigation going on.
Chambers & Partners UK 2017
'Excellent support and good advice throughout all contacts at BDB.'
Chambers & Partners UK 2018
The Pitmans team coordinates and delivers advice under significant timescale pressures.
They are an excellent team that works well together. They provide pragmatic advice and clear action. The manner in which they work alongside other sector specialists ensures that the advice is seamless across the board.
Pitmans adopts an innovative approach to resolving disputes. It has the skills and experience of a City firm.
Corporates and Business Services
Employment and Immigration
Planning, Infrastructure and Regeneration
- Arts and Culture
- Charities and Not For Profit
- Corporate Occupiers
- Family Offices
- Landed Estates
- Life Sciences
- Local Government
- Professional Services
- Public Sector
- Real Estate Developers
- Real Estate Investment Companies
- Regulatory Bodies
- Retail and Leisure
- Statutory Bodies
- UK and International Private Clients
- Urban Transit