With the road sector facing advanced technical, financial and network ownership changes many businesses will seek experienced advisers to help meet the challenges ahead.Sectors and Services
Our leading highways practice extends to all aspects of road infrastructure.
Planning and infrastructure
- Commercial and property agreements
- Compulsory purchase, planning and environmental issues
- Consents for major road, bridge, tunnel and ferry schemes
- Construction of roads, adoption and works to existing roads
- Highways Act agreements and licences
- Procurement and project finance
Road user issues
- Congestion charges, workplace levies and low emissions zones
- Public inquiries
- Right to access
- Road, tunnel and bridge tolls
- Acted for Lancashire County Council on the first highway scheme to be promoted under the Planning Act 2008, now open to traffic, and three further local authority highway projects.
- Acted for the first two Highways Agency projects under the Planning Act 2008 (the A556 near Manchester and the A160 near Immingham) and instructed on six National Highways projects.
We can also advise on the implications of Brexit on Infrastructure planning.
- Planning and infrastructure brochure File size: 289.58 KB
- Nationally significant projects brochure File size: 1.78 MB
Related Services and Sectors
- Commercial Contracts
- Compulsory Purchase
- Clean Air Zones
- Infrastructure Planning
- Public Inquiries
Readily available, knowledgeable and objective in the advice they give.
Chambers and Partners UK 2020