The Development team at BDB Pitmans has the legal expertise and experience to advise developers and landowners in relation to the delivery of development projects of all sizes from conception to delivery.Specialist Expertise
Our team advises and guides developers, promoters and landowners through the housebuilding process, working closely with surveyors, planners, architects, and funders and registered providers.
The challenges facing developers and landowners in delivering new homes is ever changing. Biodiversity and sustainability together with the cost of infrastructure and development contribute to a challenging but hugely valuable marketplace.
Where we can help
We offer a fully integrated service across a myriad of sectors, building close and longstanding relationships with businesses of all types and sizes.
Our large, specialist development team is highly regarded within the real estate market and our experts within it work collaboratively with other departments across BDB Pitmans, including tax, construction and dispute resolution so as to cover every element of developments of all sizes.
We work hard to build relationships with our clients, to fully understand their business and vision which enables us to foresee and protect against issues that could conflict with this.
We like to get involved at an early stage so as to ensure development objectives are protected in the best way possible. We are dedicated to providing legal advice on a national scale and regularly advise clients throughout the UK.
We pride ourselves on our ability to offer our clients a diverse commercial property service. We advise developers, investors, funders, buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants on properties from marinas and harbours, to farms to high street retail premises and hotels, not only nationally but also for those wishing to enter or expand in the UK.
From inception to completion, BDB Pitmans advise on all aspects of property across multiple different business sectors.
As members of Lexwork International and Interact, we can also offer our clients access to a global network of independent law firms.
Land acquisitions and disposals
- Land Assembly
- Strategic land sale/ purchase with associated collaboration and consortium agreements
- Sale/Purchase of land subject to planning (option agreements, conditional agreements and joint venture agreements)
- Promotion agreements
- Purchase of land via SPVs
- Building contracts
- Overage Agreements
- Advising on compulsory acquisition and the overriding third party rights, including rights to light
- Strategic planning advice
- Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plan advice and representations
- Bio-diversity and sustainability
- Negotiation of s106 Agreements
- Affordable housing and viability
- Advising on SANG, SAMM, Nitrate and Phosphate mitigation and Bio diversity Net Gain requirements, including associated agreements with landowners
- Advising on CIL liabilities and strategies
- Advising in relation to Environmental Impact Assessment requirements
- Advising on Highways, rights of way and site access issues
- Negotiation of infrastructure agreements
Our dedicated real estate team offer:
- a trusted partnership designed to foster long term relationships;
- a commercial, proactive, prompt, and highly efficient service;
- start-to-finish, fully integrated legal advice; and
- complementary teams to deal with restructuring, insolvency, corporate aspects of property transactions and dispute resolution