UK and International Private Clients
Our specialist teams of advisers provide guidance to individuals and their families on a range of matters across a number of sectors.
+44(0)20 7783 email@example.com
+44(0)20 7783 3657HelenRatcliffe@bdbpitmans.com
+44(0)20 7783 3816JudithMillar@bdbpitmans.com
+44(0)20 7783 3401MarilynMcKeever@bdbpitmans.com
+44(0)20 7783 3805JonathanColclough@bdbpitmans.com
+44(0)20 7783 3698HugoSmith@bdbpitmans.com
This includes estate planning and wealth structuring, trusts, wills and powers of attorney, domestic and international tax, regulatory work, employment, immigration, residential property and landed estates, family and matrimonial advice, and philanthropy.
Our client base includes high net worth individuals and their families, often spanning several generations but just as likely to be new entrepreneurs, family estates, trusts and investment vehicles, institutional trustees and family offices, and foreign lawyers.
We deal with clients from a wide number of jurisdictions including continental Europe, the Middle East, the Far East, the USA and key international financial centres. There is a large cross-border element to our work and we are accustomed to working with clients’ other advisors in these jurisdictions, often as the orchestrators.
- Does COVID-19 mean that I should make a health decisions lasting power of attorney? Would it help to have an advance decision as well?
- Does COVID-19 mean I should be updating my will, or making a will if I don’t have one?
- I have a small portfolio of rental properties. Will I be affected by the recent ban on tenant fees?
- I am buying a flat and have been advised that the landlord of the building is missing. Should I be worried?
- We believe our new build flat should be ready in three months’ time and have just been advised our mortgage offer has expired. What should we do?
- Can I change my solicitors part-way through the purchase of my flat?
- I live outside the UK and I am considering buying a pied-a-terre in London. Would it save UK tax if I bought it through a company, or should I buy it in my name?
- How can a group of leaseholders buy the freehold of their properties if some of them are sublet?
- I want to extend the lease on my flat, and have been reading about changes to leasehold legislation. Will the changes benefit my situation or should I wait?
Related Services and Sectors
BDB are very good and will really go the extra mile for their clients.
Chambers & Partners UK 2017