Our team of lawyers are recognised as the leaders on the Planning Act 2008 regime and development consent orders (DCO), having promoted 11 successful applications so far and with many more in the early stages of the process. We have also acted for numerous objectors to DCO applications.
We can advise on:
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- Environmental issues relating to airport development
- Protection of property and assets impacted by airport development
- Surface access and other airport transport related issues
- The DCO process and opportunities for participation in relation to a future runway
- The process and participation in the forthcoming NPS on airports
- Advising Luton Airport on various planning matters
- Advising Peel Group on aviation policy
- Advising on plane fuelling activities at major UK airports
- Advising on the previous expansions of Heathrow acting for LB Hounslow, the Environment Agency, National Grid, Thames Water, Royal Mail and BT in relation to T5
- Preparing a DCO on behalf of the RiverOak Investment Corporation for the reinstatement and development of Manston airport in Kent
- Promoting the DLR extension to London City Airport for DLRL
- Promoting the Metrolink extension to Manchester Airport for TfGM
- Representing BAA on Crossrail line 1 ensuring that the project protected current and proposed public transport access to Heathrow Airport
- Representing Birmingham Airport on HS2
Whether you are interested in learning more about the DCO process and how you can participate, how you can protect your property and assets and / or how you can raise objections to the third runway at Heathrow, we can provide you with guidance and advice.
We can also advise on the implications of Brexit on Infrastructure planning.