Angela advises on all aspects of employment law and acts for medium- sized commercial clients, as well as for senior executives, dealing with all employment- related matters. She provides practical, commercial advice for corporate clients in the technology, entertainment and life sciences sectors.
She advises on full life cycle of an employee; drafting employment contracts or service agreements, advising on worker status issues, working time and holiday pay, grievance and disciplinary processes, terminations of employment, and restrictive covenant issues. Primarily, Angela works with professional HR teams in supporting their organisations on a day- to- day advisory basis.
Angela’s expertise includes dealing with business reorganisations, whether through redundancy or Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations. She works with the corporate and commercial team to provide employment related corporate advice on business sales and out-sourcing.
Angela undertakes all types of employment- related disputes in the Employment Tribunal or High Court, whether pursuing or defending claims for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, whistleblowing, discrimination claims and obtaining / defending injunctions. She mostly defends complex, high value cases at the Employment Tribunal and also has experience in the Employment Appeals Tribunal and the Court of Appeal. Angela uses her expertise in mediation, conciliation, arbitration and judicial mediation to ensure that her clients benefit from the full range of dispute resolution procedures.
Angela advises individual clients on high value, complex, settlement negotiations, team moves and restrictive covenant issues.
She supports international businesses starting up in the Thames Valley through the Kickstart International programme, regularly working with the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce and the DIT.
- Acted for a live events entertainment company and an individual in a claim for the breach of restrictive covenants and various torts of negligence. Successfully defended claims and avoided costly litigation
- Advised Key2 on its sale to Horizon Care and Education Group on the employment aspects of the transaction, including the senior employment contracts, consultancy arrangements and settlement agreements
- Advising a pharmaceutical client on a disability discrimination claim made by an employee with significant reputational issues
- Advising a large distribution company on a complex multi-claimant case involving unfair dismissal, religious discrimination and whistleblowing allegations
- Advising an international entertainment client on the termination of two senior employees for gross misconduct due to fraud