Anthony is an experienced criminal defence lawyer specialising in extradition and white collar crime.
He has represented clients in investigations initiated by the SFO, NCA, HMRC, CPS and DOJ. He also has substantial experience of representing clients in interviews conducted by the police and other investigative bodies.
Anthony has an accomplished extradition practice, regularly acting in high-profile and complex matters. He has defended extradition requests from countries such as Russia, Paraguay, USA, Canada and Turkey, together with hundreds of European Arrest Warrants. He is consistently ranked in Chambers and Partners UK as a ‘Leading Individual’ for Crime: Extradition.
I can only recommend him in the highest possible terms.
Cool, calm and knowledgeable approach to oral litigation.
Provides timely, accurate and achievable strategic advice.
Highly regarded for his expertise in extradition law, with a notable expertise in cases involving Russia and the CIS.
Chambers and Partners UK 2019
Very concise and engaging, with a good reputation among judges.
Chambers and Partners UK 2018
Chambers and Partners UK 2017
- Acted for a client in extradition proceedings initiated by the USA in relation to allegations of ‘hacking’ into computer systems of the FBI, Federal Reserve, US Army and Missile Defence Agency, among others
- Instructed on appeal in first ever extradition request issued to the UK by Paraguay concerning a $60 million fraud allegation
- Successfully represented investment banker in relation to charges brought by the Italian authorities regarding a fraudulent bankruptcy allegation concerning Olivetti Computers
- Successfully represented serving member of the armed forces in relation to an extradition request issued by the Turkish authorities – read feedback from the client here.
- Acted for client in first ever case before the High Court to consider prison conditions in the Russian Federation and the level of health care available