Ben is an associate in the planning team and has worked on a range of different planning matters for a variety of clients. He has acted on a number of planning agreements for large residential-led developments as well as planning appeals, judicial reviews, enforcement matters, permitted development rules and everything in between.
Ben also has experience in dealing with listed building and curtilage listing queries from clients, and queries in relation to the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010.
- Drafting a S106 Agreement for a sustainable urban extension comprising 1,750 dwellings as well as a local centre, community centre, affordable housing and large swathes of open space
- Assisting with the drafting of a S106 Agreement for a development comprising 2,500 dwellings;
- Acted on a S106 Agreement for a development in London attracting a £12 million contribution for Affordable Housing where careful drafting was required to ensure the developer’s works did not trigger payment of this contribution
- Acted for a large Registered Provider on developments of a disused MoD site which included the provision of a Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space which was split across two sites. This required details negotiations and careful drafting in relation to triggers for occupation of the dwellings
- Acted on a statutory challenge under S288 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 in relation to a niche part of a Planning Inspector’s decision letter concerning community development provisions