Carolyn advises on the acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold properties, and specialises in affordable housing.
Her clients include both commercial companies and not-for-profit organisations.
She acts for landlords on leases, tenancy agreements, non-contentious property management issues, nomination agreements, service contracts and revenue funding agreements.
Carolyn has worked for a number of local authorities and registered providers of social housing.
- Acting for a national housebuilder on a 5 year programme of phased disposals of affordable housing, with a £20 million advance payment secured against the client’s assets.
- As part of a team, advising a housebuilder in relation to a joint venture scheme with a major registered provider.
- Conducting property due diligence for a national housebuilder in respect of a share sale.
- Acting as part of a team advising a national registered provider in its merger with another larger registered provider.
- Conducting property due diligence for a specialist provider of housing with care in respect of its acquisition from a charity of 23 care homes.