Claire is a senior associate in the family team and advises both married and unmarried couples at all stages of their relationship. She has expertise across the breadth of family law from pre and post-nuptial agreements through to divorce, matrimonial finances, co-habitation disputes and children matters. She specialises is in helping clients navigate through relationship breakdowns where this relates to the involving arrangements for children and / or resolving the division of matrimonial assets ranging anywhere from £250,000 to upwards of £3 million. Claire has had great success both in and out of court.
Claire is also a visiting lecturer at the University of Law.
- Acting for a mother in the High Court in children proceedings where there was a risk of abduction
- Successfully proving all alleged facts in a Fact Finding hearing where allegations were made of inappropriate sexual activity during contentious children act proceedings
- Acting for a father in issuing urgent ex parte children act proceedings to secure the return of his child to his care. Following through on proceedings to secure the arrangements to provide for the child to remain in his care
- Representing a wife in cross jurisdictional proceedings where neither party lived in the UK and involving complicating factors such as issues of diplomatic immunity and non-shareable foreign pensions
- Successfully assisting a husband to conclude long running proceedings (circa 4 years) where there were constant pressures of house repossessions and enforcement proceedings to agree a variation to the Order of the court bringing matters to a close