Claire has over 18 years’ experience advising on her a wide range of disputes including professional negligence, contract disputes, property litigation and contentious insurance claims. This includes subrogated property damage claims, product liability and fraudulent insurance claims.
She also advises on contentious probate disputes, including claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975 and breach of trust disputes.
Claire is often complimented on her efficient and pragmatic approach to resolving disputes and is a keen advocate for alternative methods of dispute resolution, such as mediation.
- Acting in a multi-million pound professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors relating to the setting up of a Disabled Person’s Trust
- Acting in a property damage claim involving a sink hole which opened up in St Albans
- Acting for insurers in a high-profile property damage claim involving a gas explosion in Birstall, Leicestershire
- Advising insurers on a fraudulent claim relating to a policyholder claiming for a fire which occurred at a property
- Acting on behalf of executors in claim against a former executor for breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty. This involved a Beddoe Order and a freezing order against the Defendant’s assets, dealing with various applications and several appeals. The executors succeeded against the Defendant at a four day trial