David is a solicitor advocate and solicitor of the Senior Courts. He has over 35 years’ experience in construction law acting for owners, public authorities, private developers, funders, insurers, suppliers, architects and others.
His specialisms include construction and engineering procurement, contract drafting, warranties and bonds, insurance and health and safety. His dispute resolution expertise includes arbitration, mediation, adjudication, proceedings in Court and before professional disciplinary bodies such as ARB and the RIBA. He has particular interests in marine engineering and ground conditions.
David’s crisis and reputation management experience covers fatalities, construction collapse and urgent applications to Court for injunctive relief.
David is also an occasional tutor and speaker at King’s College.
He is effortlessly personable and displays an innate ability to extract and convey whatever is needed to cut to the essential task in hand. He has an impressive knowledge of the intricacies of construction law and is forceful yet fair in his advocacy.
Chambers and Partners UK 2021
A partner with unmatched experience.
Legal 500 UK 2021
- Floods of Queensferry Ltd v Morrison Shand & Others  54 ConLR 138 R v Chester & North Wales Legal Aid Board (Ex parte Floods of Queensferry Limited) LTL 19/12/97: (Assignment under the FCEC Blue Form and Grant of Legal Aid to a Limited Company)
- Yarm Road Limited v Costain Plc  01-228 TCC: (Novation Agreement within s104 HGCR Act 1996)
- Intense Investments Limited v Development Ventures Limited & Others  BLR 478 and  EWHC 1586 (TCC): (Default Judgment and Action on an Account)
- SK Thakrar & Co and Others v Suburban Property Co Limited (CA)  EWHC 2667 Jackson v Thakrar  EWHC 2173 (TCC),  EWHC 271 (TCC) and  EWHC 626 (Fraud)
- Herbosch–Kiere Marine Contractors BV v Dover Harbour Board  EWHC 84 (TCC): (Enforceability of Adjudicator’s Decision)