Denise advises insolvency practitioners, companies, directors, shareholders and lenders. Her specialisms include sales and purchases of insolvent businesses, actions to recover assets for the benefit of creditors and pursuing and defending actions against directors.
Denise was seconded to the Pensions Regulator in 2007 and 2008, dealing with clearance applications and agreed entry of schemes into the Pension Protection Fund. Using experience gained during the secondment, she advises corporates and trustees of defined benefit pension schemes on ‘moral hazard’ aspects of corporate transactions, debt restructuring and clearance.
- Sale of Oyster Marine, a luxury yacht builder, acting for KPMG as administrators
- Purchase of a number of Burger King franchisees out of administration
- Acting for a manufacturing company, dealing with business acquisitions and providing ongoing advice to the board of directors
- Advising a not for profit organisation on trust issues arising out of pension scheme claims
- Regulated Apportionment Arrangement, acting for an employer of a defined benefit pension scheme