Dennis has a full range of experience and expertise in trade marks, brand protection, copyright, licensing, business contracts, digital and technology, research and development, design protection, internet and IT-related disputes, passing-off and trade secrets and know-how.
He handles all types of contentious and non-contentious work across sectors including retail, media and entertainment, creatives, advertising, IT, leisure, charities and cultural heritage, fashion, education and catering.
Valued for his industry insight and practical commercial approach, Dennis is particularly skilled at working closely with businesses to formulate strategies and business models, especially in relation to brand protection, commercial disputes, group intellectual property (IP) ownership, and is regularly involved in major corporate mergers and acquisitions transactions that involve IP ownership issues.
He is also fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and Cantonese, and can advise and negotiate on behalf of clients in Chinese. Dennis regularly speaks at industry events on copyright, trade marks and other specialist IP topics, both locally and abroad.
- Brand protection and trade mark infringement disputes for the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment
- Commercial and IP contracts for the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden
- Cross-border supply contracts for the US-based United Brands, Inc
- Passing-off and brand protection for British Military Fitness
- Worldwide trade mark portfolio management for the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts