Donna has in-depth experience of advising companies and professionals internationally on corporate risk, fraud and regulatory. Her arbitration experience spans work before the LCIA and ICC.
She is a qualified solicitor advocate and trained with CEDR to become a mediator.
Donna acts in complex, high-value international arbitration and large-scale offshore commercial disputes involving multiple jurisdictions, representing leading corporations, state-owned entities in a range of financial and commercial cross-border cases and offshore disputes.
Donna also has expertise in cross border IP and brand protection, data breaches, cyber attacks, cyber security, GDPR and large e-disclosure projects.
She also advises clients on the design, implementation and enforcement of company polices and processes to ensure legal compliance with internal policies as well as applicable laws and regulations in EMEA. This includes competition law, privacy and data protection law, anti-bribery (including US FCPA and UK Anti-bribery Act) matters.
Donna’s client base includes international corporations, financial institutions and investors, real estate investment companies, insurers, accountants and US clients.
- Acting for a group of listed international, companies with substantial mining interests, in litigation against a financial services institution in the UK and in South Africa. This involved complex jurisdictional and financial services / derivatives related issues with a value of in excess of £166 million
- Acting for an international company on a fraud and asset tracing claim (value in excess of £100 million) in conversion against a third party
- Acting for a major bank defending an investigation from the DOJ and US authorities for committing regulatory breaches
- Advising general counsel and an international bank on allegations of traders mis- selling derivatives on a global scale under OFAC and EU sanctions
- Advising a major bank on the alleged breach of US and UK regulations involving sanctioned countries and mitigating fines