Ian is a member of the firm’s employment group and undertakes a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious work, including assisting with corporate transactions and advising on business restructuring and Transfer of Undertaking (TUPE) Regulations transfers.
Ian’s past experience includes defending sizable and complex employment tribunal claims. He routinely advises HR teams on contractual and procedural matters and acts for senior individuals in the employment tribunal and in settlement negotiations. Ian also regularly presents on a wide range of employment law topics at seminars for clients.
- Acting for a high profile public body in defending a complex and extremely sensitive employment tribunal claim
- Acting for a large national charity in defending an employment tribunal claim listed for a 20 day hearing
- Advising a leading international airline on all UK HR matters, including redrafting their staff handbook and related HR procedure
- Securing a number of large six-figure settlements for clients in the past 12 month
- Succeeding with a high profile whistleblowing claim for a Chief Executive Officer