James has experience in planning, environmental and public law matters for a spectrum of public and private sector clients in contentious and non-contentious cases.
James has acted for clients who promote or oppose applications for development consent orders (DCOs) for nationally significant infrastructure projects under the Planning Act 2008, as well as those under other planning and infrastructure consenting regimes.
- Advised on the implementation stage of the compulsory purchase of land associated with the HS2 project;
- Acted for developers across multiple regeneration and house building programmes;
- Advised on the planning issues arising from the early stages of the East West Rail proposed DCO;
- Assisted on the Heathrow expansion consultations; and
- Partook in a planning inquiry on the appeal of a refusal of permission for a housing development in the South East.