James is a partner in BDB Pitmans’ real estate department.
He has particular expertise in large scale development projects, having acted for investors, property companies, developers, banks and funds in connection with their acquisitions, disposals and development of all real estate classes.
- Leading the team advising Royal London on their acquisition of a 7.5% stake in Bluewater Shopping Centre from Hermes in a deal worth over £150 million
- Advising Westfield in respect of an overarching agreement with TfL, LBSL and LUL to facilitate the £1 billion expansion of the Westfield London centre at Shepherd’s Bush
- Advising Land Securities in respect of the acquisition of an ownership interest in the existing cinema from Prudential to bring that asset within the main scheme structure as part of the redevelopment of the Plaza at Bluewater Shopping Centre
- Advising Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust in respect of proposed mixed use (residential and retail) redevelopment of Chelsea Farmers’ Market, London
- Advising Savills Investment Management in respect of various transactions for their UK Income and Growth Fund
- Advising The Croydon Partnership in respect of various transactions relating to their development of the Whitgift Centre, Croydon including: agreement with Croydon Council to facilitate the related CPO; acquisition of various interests (including the long leasehold interest held by the Whitgift Trust); and agreements with adjoining owners