Karen joined BDB in 2015 and heads up the firm’s construction practice. She was admitted as a solicitor in 2001. Prior to joining private practice she qualified as a barrister and enjoyed a varied career including as legal director of the Construction Confederation, where she sat on various JCT committees and in local government.
Karen has worked for developers, funders, institutional investors, contractors and consultants including on major urban regeneration, infrastructure and commercial projects.
In 2021, Karen was appointed the new chair of JCT and is the first woman to hold the post.
She has first-class legal knowledge and is easy to work with.
Chambers and Partners UK 2021
- Acting for London / North East based developer on the construction, funding and letting of several different projects including an £80 million rail vehicle manufacturing facility in the North East, two university business schools, a sports club in the Midlands and a hotel in Cambridge
- Acting for an institutional investor in relation to its £30 million refurbishment of an office in the City of London
- Advising two architectural practices on their professional terms of engagement
- Acting for the developer of a £40 million leisure and retail project in central Liverpool
- Acting for the developer of a private rented sector project in the Home Counties exceeding the value of £100 million
- Acting for a major UK transport infrastructure company in relation to rail and residential projects