Katy is a legal director in the firm’s commercial real estate team and specialises in mixed use and residential development, working with SME and large-scale developers on sites across the country but with a particular focus on the East of England, London and the South East. She has a particular interest in the contribution that development can make to providing sustainable housing and addressing the housing shortfall and contributes regularly to both national and local publications on these subjects.
Katy also advises clients on investment sales and purchases, leases and property finance, and works closely with the firm’s corporate and infrastructure teams, drawing on her varied experience to support major projects and commercial transactions with her property expertise.
Katy has been recognised by The Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer and rising star for Cambridge real estate. She is a member of The Association of Women in Property, a national organisation seeking to encourage gender diversity in property-related professions and was instrumental in launching the Cambridge satellite of the organisation. She is also Chairman of the Women in Property Cambridge events committee.
She is very efficient and knowledgeable and assisted me greatly last year in getting a deal across the line by the end of year deadline.
- Acting for an international property development company on the sale of shared ownership units to a social housing provider with a transaction value of just under £28 million.
- Advising the housing arm of a sustainability charity on the acquisition of sites in South East England for the promotion and development of zero carbon affordable housing.
- Securing development finance for a registered provider of care homes against their property portfolio for an Extra Care development.
- Leading on the purchase of a commercial property in central London for £36 million for an institutional investor.
- Acting on the sale of commercial units on a mixed use development in London for a large residential developer.