Lauren advises on a variety of matters in relation to planning and public law and specialises in the authorisation of major infrastructure projects.
She has a broad range of expertise and acts for both private and public sector clients. In the transport sector Lauren has advised on road, tram and guided rapid transit schemes. Her energy work covers electricity transmission projects and she has also advised on two flood defence schemes. Lauren advises on all aspects of the statutory process including for nationally significant schemes under the Planning Act 2008 and projects under the Transport and Works Act 1992.
Lauren advises on a wide range of issues including the scope of statutory powers, the exercise of statutory functions, options assessment, consultation, objector management, environmental impact assessment, heritage issues and compulsory purchase. She also drafts statutory application documents and assists with the handling of public inquiries and examinations.
- Advising the Environment Agency in respect of its successful TWAO for flood defence barriers in Ipswich and Boston
- Advising Bristol City Council and North Somerset Council on the Ashton Vale to Temple Meads and Bristol City Centre Rapid Transit Transport and Works Act Order 2013
- Advising Transport for Greater Manchester on its Transport for Greater Manchester (Light Rapid Transit System) (Second City Crossing) Order 2013 and Transport for Greater Manchester (Light Rapid Transit System) (Trafford Park Extension) Order 2016 applications
- Advising National Grid on the North London Reinforcement Project and Hinkley Point C connection project
- Advising Highways England on the A19/A184 Testos Junction Improvement Order and the A19 Downhill Lane Junction Improvement Order