Lee has specialised in pension law for over 12 years. Prior to that he worked in pension administration and professional pension trusteeship. He advises trustees, companies and providers on day-to-day pension issues and disputes, commercial matters, pension scheme design, mergers and restructuring. Lee has particular expertise in pension issues on public sector outsourcing.
He has had articles published in a number of professional publications. He is a member of the UK Association of Pension Lawyers where he sits on the public sector pension committee and gives educational talks.
- Putting in place a contingent asset agreement for a national charity over 100+ pieces of conservation land with decreasing commercial value
- Advising an educational charity on the compromise of significant pension debt, subsidiary insolvency and the successful defence of a subsequent Pensions Regulator investigation
- Leading the successful defence of Pensions Regulator fines for claimed auto enrolment non-compliance
- Negotiating contractual pensionable salary cap agreements in the context of protected person provisions in relation to the Railways Pension Scheme
- Advising on the successful implementation of a medically enhanced buy-out