Lee has specialised in pension law for over 12 years. Prior to that he worked in pension administration and professional pension trusteeship. He advises trustees, companies and providers on day-to-day pension issues and disputes, commercial matters, pension scheme design, mergers and restructuring. Lee has particular expertise in pension issues on public sector outsourcing.
He has had articles published in a number of professional publications. He is a member of the UK Association of Pension Lawyers where he sits on the public sector pension committee and gives educational talks.
Approachable, responsive and his commercial awareness is excellent.
Chambers and Partners UK 2020
- Putting in place a contingent asset agreement for a national charity over 100+ pieces of conservation land with decreasing commercial value
- Advising an educational charity on the compromise of significant pension debt, subsidiary insolvency and the successful defence of a subsequent Pensions Regulator investigation
- Leading the successful defence of Pensions Regulator fines for claimed auto enrolment non-compliance
- Negotiating contractual pensionable salary cap agreements in the context of protected person provisions in relation to the Railways Pension Scheme
- Advising on the successful implementation of a medically enhanced buy-out