Matt covers all aspects of family law including divorce, matrimonial finances, preparation of both pre and /post nuptial agreements and children matters. He also specialises in Trust of Land claims.
Matt regularly advises on complex divorce cases which involve business interests, trusts, foreign assets and multiple properties. He commonly deals with cases concerning disputes over pre-marital and post-separation assets as well as inheritances.
He also specialises in children matters and has represented clients in protracted contact disputes, cases involving allegations of abuse and application to remove the children from the jurisdiction.
Matt is known for his strategic positioning in cases and his meticulous and straight talking approach.
In 2019 and 2020, Matt was listed in eprivateclient’s ‘Top 35 under 35’ private client practitioners.
Excellent, clear and very supportive lawyer who has amazing knowledge and a practical, empathetic approach.
Chambers and Partners UK 2021
Stands as a very astute lawyer and strategist and a partner who is not afraid to roll up his sleeves.
Legal 500 UK 2021
His breadth of knowledge and ability to convey it in an understandable manner is very reassuring when faced with complex legal definitions and procedures.
Legal 500 UK 2020
Matt Heyworth is an outstanding family lawyer who understands the finances and is very good with the maths. Reassuring yet professional and a lawyer who boosts your confidence
Legal 500 UK 2020
- Acting for a celebrity agent in an application that successfully challenged the terms of a pre-nuptial agreement concerning assets in excess of £10 million
- Represented a former international sportsman in variation proceedings that concluded with a very substantive spousal maintenance order being terminated
- Preparing a pre-nuptial agreement for a globally acclaimed musician with assets in excess of £30 million
- Advising a Middle Eastern politician within divorce proceedings
- Negotiating an extremely favourable out of court settlement in a complex case that involved business interests, multiple properties both in England and abroad, as well as significant assets held in trust