Matt covers all aspects of family law including divorce, matrimonial finances, preparation of both pre and /post nuptial agreements and children matters. He also specialises in Trust of Land claims.
Matt regularly advises on complex divorce cases which involve business interests, trusts, foreign assets and multiple properties. He commonly deals with cases concerning disputes over pre-marital and post-separation assets as well as inheritances.
He also specialises in children matters and has represented clients in protracted contact disputes, cases involving allegations of abuse and application to remove the children from the jurisdiction.
Matt is known for his strategic positioning in cases and his meticulous and straight talking approach.
- Acting for a celebrity agent in an application that successfully challenged the terms of a pre-nuptial agreement concerning assets in excess of £10 million
- Represented a former international sportsman in variation proceedings that concluded with a very substantive spousal maintenance order being terminated
- Preparing a pre-nuptial agreement for a globally acclaimed musician with assets in excess of £30 million
- Advising a Middle Eastern politician within divorce proceedings
- Negotiating an extremely favourable out of court settlement in a complex case that involved business interests, multiple properties both in England and abroad, as well as significant assets held in trust