Nick has wide experience in UK and cross border acquisitions and disposals, acting for both public and private companies. He also advises on joint ventures, reorganisations and fundraisings. In particular, Nick has advised companies, sponsors, Nomads and brokers on initial public offerings and secondary fundraisings on the LSE’s Main Markets and AIM.
Nick also has broad experience of advising on transactions governed by the City Code, including recommended and hostile takeovers, take private transactions, reverse takeovers, mergers and providing advice on obtaining panel whitewashes and code waivers.
He acts for a wide range of clients across different sectors, including leisure and retail, natural resources, financial services and biotech.
Provides a first class service and his team provide great coverage as well.
He is brilliant, very personable, always available and a very clear thinker and communicator.
Chambers and Partners UK 2021
Strong on client contact and good with detail. He knows the client's risk appetite and will act commercially.
Legal 500 UK 2021
Recent Deal Highlights
- Main Market IPO of Ten Entertainment Group PLC – The Group is the second largest ten-pin bowling operator in the UK with a portfolio of over 40 sites, a total of approximately 1,000 bowling alleys and a variety of other family entertainment activities. The team also advised on the pre-IPO restructuring and refinancing
- Source Bioscience PLC – Acting for Sherwood Holdings Limited on its acquisition of Source Bioscience PLC, an international provider of state of the art laboratory services and products, valued at approximately £62.87 million
- FIH Group PLC – Advising the board on a recommended offer by Staunton Holdings Limited and subsequent approach by Dolphin Fund Limited, an Argentinean backed company. FIH group PLC is quoted on AIM and has a market capitalisation of approximately £36 million
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen – We acted for Famous Brands, Africa’s largest branded food service franchisor, on its acquisition of Gourmet Burger Kitchen for £120 million. Famous Brands is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and is within its top 100 companies
- Mintec Limited – Acting for the management buy-out of Mintec Limited by Synova Capital. Mintec Limited is a world leading provider of global pricing data and intelligence for non-traded food ingredients