Owen has specialised in family law since he started his training contract in 1996. He advises on all aspects of family law including divorce, matrimonial finances, cohabitee disputes, private law children disputes, domestic violence injunctions and pre and post nuptial agreements. Owen is also a Collaborative Lawyer, so can conduct cases in a more conciliatory manner using the Collaborative Law route.
Owen has a wealth of experience having started his career dealing with Legal Aid cases including complex children cases. During this time he has acted for clients in divorce and financial proceedings both in small money and high net worth cases, including Section 37 injunctions to freeze assets.
Owen has acted for clients in the Family and High Court in relation to financial disputes and children disputes about contact, residence, leave to remove from the jurisdiction of the Court of England and Wales and relocation.
Well respected for his no nonsense approach and constructive advice, Owen drafts pre and post nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements to try and prevent future disputes.
- Succeeding in overturning a Section 37 freezing injunction in complex divorce financial proceedings involving a successful family business and winning the Appeal application made by the other side against the Court’s decision in the same case.
- Acting for a business owner in a multi-million pound divorce case in the Central Family Court involving the transfer of companies, expert valuations and evidence, properties and pensions. Settled case at private FDR hearing.
- Drafting a very complex pre-nuptial agreement with cross-jurisdictional issues, concerning many properties, assets, family businesses and trusts to protect family wealth.
- Obtaining a Special Guardianship Order for a great-grandmother and leave for her to remove her great-granddaughter from the UK in contested proceedings.
- Succeeding in an application for leave to remove children from England and Wales to Australia.