Patrick heads the agriculture and rural property team. His focus is predominantly in relation to the sales and purchases of estates, farms and country houses. He advises individuals, trustees and institutional landowners on matters relating to the management of their rural property holdings, including landlord and tenant issues, Agricultural Holdings Act Tenancies, shooting and other sporting rights, and rights relating to access and manorial law. He also assists with planning and development work including the preparation of Promotion Agreements, Options and Overage deeds.
In addition, Patrick works closely with the Tax Trusts and Estate Planning Team in relation to the capital tax planning and administration of estates, where specific treatment of his client’s land portfolios needs consideration. He was listed in eprivate client’s Top 35 under 35 private client practitioners in 2016.
With a family background in the horse racing industry, he has a particular interest in bloodstock law and advising those with equine interests and enterprises.
- Sale of a £40 million plus country estate in Surrey
- Sale of a £6 million plus working stud farm in Gloucestershire
- Purchase of a £16 million plus farm in Oxfordshire subject to various residential, commercial and agricultural tenancies
- Creation of a farming partnership to hold development land on behalf of trustees, to position a claim for CGT entrepreneur’s relief on the sale
- Creation of a land pool Trust bringing in various landowners under one entity for the purposes of allocating land for development