Robert is a partner in the corporate team.
He acts for a variety of clients in relation to mid-market private mergers and acquisitions (buy and sell-side), private equity investments, public company transactions (focussing on AIM, but including Main Market), corporate finance (borrower-side) and general corporate insolvency related queries.
His background in corporate restructuring gives him a unique insight into structuring and considering corporate transactions. Having acted for all the major UK clearing banks, he also has an appreciation of the various pressure points likely to arise for corporate borrowers in corporate finance transactions.
Robert has acted on a variety of corporate transactions, both UK based and cross-border, liaising with foreign counsel throughout Europe, the US and the Far East.
- Leading a multi-jurisdictional corporate group restructure of merged global asset managers, which involved managing multi-disciplinary teams in 10 overseas law firms
- Advising on a £20 million equity investment for a UK private equity client into a Gibraltar-regulated insurance business
- Successfully working together with BDB Pitmans’ real estate, construction and charities departments on obtaining multi-million pound development finance facilities for a number of charitable institutions from various UK clearing banks
- Working alongside the restructuring team for a European special situations client on the purchase of multi-jurisdictional group assets from UK companies in administration, including the assumption of debt obligations and the provision of new security
- Acting for several HNW individuals in relation to various alternative lending transactions