Sarah is a senior associate in the firm’s pensions team and has experience of a wide range of pensions advisory issues.
She provides day-to-day advice to pension scheme trustees, for example on member benefit queries, scheme wind-up processes, pensions liberation, benefit anomalies, bulk transfers, and MND/MNT arrangements. This includes assisting with the drafting of both standard and complex scheme documentation, for example, deeds of appointment and removal of trustees, trust deeds, deeds of adherence, and deeds of amendment.
She regularly advises pension scheme sponsors, for example on the balance of powers under scheme rules, closure to accrual, automatic enrolment compliance, and consultation obligations.
She assists on the UK aspects of national and international corporate transactional work in relation to sales and acquisitions and restructurings, including undertaking due diligence, preparing and negotiating contractual pensions warranties and indemnities, and advising on employer debt issues.
In addition to her private practice work, Sarah has had the benefit of a four month secondment to a large public sector outsourcing company.
Sarah is a member of the Association of Pensions Lawyers and sits on the committee of the Pensions Management Institute’s London group. She is also a contributing author for LexisPSL.
- Advising on the pensions aspects of structuring a large international acquisition to prevent any Section 75 debt triggering
- Spending time in-house dealing with preparation for response to a substantial Section 72 request
- Drafting a suite of precedent GDPR compliant contractual documents for a third party administrator client
- Assisting on the conversion of a buy-in to a buy-out of the majority of a scheme’s pension liabilities
- Advising a large trade association on the process for closure to future accrual of their scheme including all aspects of trustee and member communications