Simon is head of property litigation and specialises in both commercial and residential property disputes. He also handles commercial disputes, professional negligence claims and claims for compensation arising out of compulsory purchase powers.
Simon has experience in all levels of court work, including the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal. He also deals with cases in other dispute resolution forums, such as the property tribunals, arbitration and mediation.
Simon often speaks and writes on litigation related subjects, including in the Property Law Journal, Property Investor Today and Property Wire.
First-class advice and careful consideration of both commercial and legal aspects.
Legal 500 UK 2021
- Original tenant liability – W H Smith v Wyndham Investments Limited (High Court)
- Residential Landlord and Tenant / Rent Act Tenancies – Lepic v Clarke
- Contentious rent review – Sir Richard Sutton’s Settled Estates v Goldcrest Investment Holdings Limited (High Court)
- Noise Nuisance/Landlord & Tenant – Fouladi v Darout (1) and Kerrami & others (2), 31/32 Ennismore Gardens Freehold Limited v Pasricha
- Restrictive covenants, easements and rights of way – Malone & Others v Bircham & Co Nominees (No.2) Ltd & Anor (High Court)
- Residential Service Charge Dispute – Rankin & Others v Benchmark Group Limited (Tribunal)
- Leasehold enfranchisement – 26 Cadogan Square Limited v Cadogan; Cadogan v Pitts and Wang (House of Lords); Carey Morgan & Anor v Trustees of the Sloane Stanley Estate (Court of Appeal)