Stacey specialises in corporate refinancing and restructuring, advisory and options, including stressed / distressed acquisitions and disposals, and the whole array of contentious and non-contentious insolvency processes, including administrations, receiverships, liquidations (solvent and insolvent), personal insolvency processes (bankruptcies, voluntary arrangements), and security / guarantee issues.
She also heads up the forensics, fraud and investigations team and advises on fraud-based and criminal aspects of insolvency involving HMRC offences, Companies Act and Insolvency Act breaches, confiscation and restraint proceedings under POCA and cross-border asset tracing and recovery.
Stacey also specialises in heavyweight and high value insolvency litigation which throws up complex multi-specialist issues crossing a broad range of legal disciplines including company law, fraud, trusts and property rights and is experienced in mediation, negotiation, enforcement and business advisory services. She has extensive skills in contentious insolvency litigation, often involving reputational and / or regulatory issues for corporates and / or disguised remuneration arrangements (with cross-border complexities). She has an unbeaten track record of defending CDDA proceedings.
She advises an impressive roster of clients; including boards, insolvency practitioners, ABLs, factoring companies, corporates, directors, charities, debtors, creditors, sole traders, financiers, landlords, and other key stakeholders and has wide sector experience in retail, hospitality, real estate, manufacturing, construction, healthcare, charities and automotive.
Stacey is described by referrers, peers, clients and the legal directories (Legal 500 and Chambers) as ‘first class’, ‘an absolute star’ and the ‘safest pair of hands’ as well as being praised for her ‘incredible work ethic’, ability to handle complex matters with ease and her reputation for fighting ‘to the bitter end to advance her clients’ interests’.
She is approachable, knowledgeable and has a real can-do attitude.
Chambers and Partners UK 2021
She is a first rate lawyer but she's also absolutely great company. Clients absolutely love her. You would always want Stacey on your side; she fights tooth and nail for her clients.
Legal 500 UK 2021
An absolute star. Clients love her. She is absolutely charming but clients know that she will fight to the bitter end to advance their interests.
Legal 500 UK 2020
She has incredible work ethic, handles difficult conversations with grace.
Chambers and Partners UK 2020
- Advising liquidators on misfeasance and section 423 claims following a company’s use of aggressive tax-avoidance schemes that subsequently failed and international asset tracing.
- Acting for the claimant in a landmark case concerning breach of a non-compete covenant which went to the Supreme Court on the issue of recoverability of negotiating damages.
- Acting for administrators in a multi-million pound claim for abuse of dominant position and breach of competition rules.
- Defending a director of an insolvent company in freezing actions and confiscation of assets in both civil and criminal spheres.
- Acting as part of the turnaround team on the restructuring of a national (not for profit) charity.
- Advising the board and acting on the restructuring and sale of an international tech company.