Sue has over 30 years’ experience working as a commercial real estate lawyer and specialises in marinas, ports, regeneration and infrastructure work. For 16 years she worked as in-house legal counsel in marina businesses.
She has advised clients in connection with land assembly for a football stadium, a 30 acre factory redevelopment and secured lending for a major commercial lender. She has also advised on inner city regeneration, as well as the acquisition and construction of marinas on waterways and coasts throughout the UK and Spain.
Sue has extensive experience acting on high-profile developments. She works closely with a range of professional advisers in delivering major schemes for her clients. In doing so she has acquired an in-depth understanding of the issues for land owners in achieving legal agreements and the consents required when selling, buying, developing, funding and regenerating sites.
- Advising on the purchase of a marina business by the Marina Projects Ltd Group and the grant of a development lease in a dockside regeneration area in Scotland
- Acting for four separate major marina owning companies in relation to the acquisition and development of their properties across a total of 32 sites in the UK
- Negotiating a joint venture agreement to acquire a concession to build and operate a Spanish marina
- Acting in the land assembly relating to the construction of a Premier League football ground
- Advising the landlord in the freehold acquisition, management and development of Ocean Village Southampton including the leasing of sites for a hotel, innovation centre and residential development