We can help you to achieve the best possible terms on entering into a new employment relationship or promotion. When relationships go awry, our experienced employment team can help you to understand your rights and prevent expensive and time-consuming claims, by achieving favourable settlement terms wherever possible.
We provide a combination of legal, practical and commercial support throughout every stage of employment. We also regularly advise on team moves and the impact of restrictive covenants and confidentiality provisions, as well as the threat of injunction proceedings.
We can advise on:
- Contractual disputes
- Grievance and disciplinary matters
- Harassment, bullying and discrimination
- Maternity, paternity and parental rights
- Reviews of contracts of employment and service agreements
- Rights and obligations as directors or shareholders
- Settlement agreements
- Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment)
- Unfair dismissal
We always seek to avoid litigation, preferring negotiation to achieve a more effective and favourable exit. However, where a case does require Employment Tribunal or High Court litigation, we take robust action on behalf of our clients.
In addition, our public affairs team is ideally placed to assist in minimising the impact of any adverse publicity arising from high profile exits.