Complications often arise in property. Resolving these disputes requires a quick response with specialists who understand the risks associated and give you clear, practical advice.Sectors and Services
We provide advice on all stages of the dispute management process.
We can advise on:
- Litigation – including all court and tribunal work
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Avoidance
We always seek to guide our clients on the most appropriate options available when facing a dispute. Our experienced team covers all levels of court work right up to the Supreme Court, and are skilled at dealing with disputes in other dispute resolution forums such as the property tribunals, arbitration and mediation.
In addition we uniquely offer advice in the high-end residential property market and in leasehold enfranchisement disputes, particularly in prime central London. We are also strong in the field of compulsory purchase, whether acting for acquiring authorities or landowners.
Working with a wide range of clients we help them to protect and develop their property interests.
- Asset managers
- City livery companies
- Housing associations
- Landed estates
- Private individuals
- Property investment companies
- Public bodies
The team’s expertise covers a range of real estate disputes relating to commercial, residential and mixed-use properties including:
- Boundary disputes
- Claims for compensation under the Compulsory Purchase Act 1965
- Disputed easements
- Disputes over contracts for the sale of land
- Misrepresentation claims
- Noise and other nuisance claims
- Options and rights of preemption
- Party wall disputes
- Property and insolvency issues, and
- Property-related professional negligence claims
- Restrictive covenants
- Rights of light claims
- Trespass / squatters / adverse possession
- Property Fraud
We also deal with all types of landlord and tenant disputes including:
- Breaches of covenant
- Business lease renewal claims
- Dilapidations and repairs
- Disputed rent reviews
- Disputes regarding consent to assign or underlet
- Possession and forfeiture
- Rent arrears
- Service charge disputes
Agriculture and Rural Disputes
Agriculture and rural disputes involving land, buildings and leases can often be complex and involve many different personal and business interests.
Read more Agriculture and Rural Disputes
- Property litigation brochure File size: 2.78 MB
- Litigation and dispute resolution brochure File size: 2.35 MB
- Construction brochure File size: 1.86 MB
Related Services and Sectors
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate
- Development (Acquisitions)
- Residential Landlord and Tenant
In-depth knowledge of property law, well-resourced and responsive.
BDB Pitmans provide a personable touch in making a client feel valued and ensuring that all avenues have been explored and appraised in a clear and coherent manner.
Lots of experience and very committed to their clients.
Legal 500 UK 2021
This practice has a highly specific insight into commercial solution-finding. It avoids unnecessary legalese, in order to produce workable, practical and commercially responsive answers.
Legal 500 UK 2021