At BDB Pitmans, our immigration lawyers provide clear, practical advice on what can often be a daunting and complex area of law. We can help you with a wide range of immigration issues.
This includes everything from entry clearance, citizenship and residency to advising entrepreneurs and investors, as well as helping with business visa applications.
We have extensive expertise in supporting businesses that rely on recruiting overseas workers. Our immigration experts can guide you through sponsor licence applications, issuing Certificates of Sponsorship, compliance, renewals and dealing with Home Office compliance visits and enforcement action.
UK immigration law is complex and changes regularly. Having our immigration lawyers on your side can help you cut through the confusion and successfully navigate the immigration rules.
We work with businesses of all sizes across many different sectors as well as individuals. Whether you are based in the UK or internationally, we can provide up-to-the-minute expertise and a first-class service.
Our immigration lawyers can assist with:
- Applications under the Points Based System
- Business visa applications
- Compliance obligations
- Immigration and employment
- Residence documents for European nationals and their family members
- Residency, citizenship and right of abode
- Setting up a business in the UK
- Sponsor licence applications
- Settlement applications
- Family visas
- Tax advice
We can also advise on the implications of Brexit. Brexit FAQs
Why choose our UK immigration lawyers?
- 1 Independently recognised expertise in UK immigration law
BDB Pitmans is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association. We are ranked by leading client guide, The Legal 500, for our immigration expertise.
- 2 We help to shape UK immigration policy
We actively participate in immigration lobby groups, helping to shape government immigration policies and ensuring that we, and our clients, are up to date with the latest changes to the law.
- 3 High success rate with visa and sponsor licence applications
Our team has a very high success rate for UK visa and sponsor licence applications. We can significantly boost your chances of having a visa or sponsor licence granted. We can also provide expert advice on what to do if your application is unsuccessful.
- 4 We are a full service law firm, covering all of your legal needs
Our business immigration services
UK work visa applications
If you are planning to work in the UK, sponsor an overseas employee or send a member of your international team to the UK, we can help with the relevant visa application.
Our UK immigration lawyers can help with all types of UK work visa applications, including:
- Skilled Worker visas
- Health and Care Worker visas
- Senior or Specialist Worker visas (Global Business Mobility)
- UK Expansion Worker visas (Global Business Mobility)
- Secondment Worker visas (Global Business Mobility)
- Service Supplier visas (Global Business Mobility)
- Graduate Trainee visas (Global Business Mobility)
- Innovator visas
- Start-Up visas
- Temporary Work visas
- Minister of Religion visas
- International Sportsperson visas
- Frontier Worker permits
Personal immigration advice
If you are planning to come to the UK to study, join a loved one or for any other reason not related to work, we can help you apply for the right type of visa.
We can help with all types of family visas, including:
- Spouse visas
- Civil partner visas
- Unmarried partner visas
- Child visas
- Adult dependant relative visas
We can also advise on other options, including Student visas, Child Student visas and Ancestry visas.
Settling in the UK
If you want to settle in the UK, there are various routes you can apply for, depending on your circumstances.
We can provide support with options including:
- Indefinite leave to remain
- British Citizenship applications
- Late applications to the EU Settlement Scheme
Visa rejections and refusals
If you have had a UK visa application rejected or refused, we can advise you on your options. Often, refusals happen because of missing information, mistakes in the way your visa application was processed or because you have applied for the wrong type of visa.
In all of these cases, we can give you the best chance of successfully challenging the refusal or making a fresh application.
Employing overseas workers involves jumping through a lot of legal hoops, but this is an area where our team have very strong experience. We can help you with every aspect of sponsor licences, making sure you can recruit the talent you need for your organisation.
Our expertise includes:
- Help with preparing and submitting sponsorship licence applications
- The Sponsorship Management System
- Certificates of sponsorship
- Sponsor licence compliance
- Sponsor licence renewals
- What to do if you have your sponsor licence downgraded or revoked
Setting up a business in the UK
Starting a business in the UK can be an excellent opportunity, but it is important to have the right legal support. We can assist with securing a Start-up visa or Innovator visa, as well as all of the commercial law matters you will need to consider, such as company constitutional documents and business contracts.
Our UK immigration advice fees
We are committed to making our fees fair and transparent. We will be happy to discuss the likely costs involved at the outset, giving you a clear breakdown of our fees and any other costs.
Read more about our typical immigration costs.
Speak to our UK business immigration lawyers about how we can help you
To discuss how our UK immigration lawyers can help you, please get in touch.