Home / Expertise / Services / Real Estate / Leasehold Enfranchisement
The team endeavours to navigate clients through the process of any lease, sale, purchase, enfranchisement or funding; taking a proactive approach to ensure a practical and commercial solution.
+44(0)20 7783 3618JohnStephenson@bdbpitmans.com
We have a team dedicated to the complex area of leasehold enfranchisement. Our history with residential leasehold law goes back almost two decades, having successfully served the first ever collective enfranchisement claim notice on the day the 1993 Act came into force in 1994.
We can advise on:
- Lease extension of flats and houses
- Acquiring the freehold of blocks, converted buildings and houses
- Acting for landlords, individual tenants and group actions
- Missing landlord applications
- Right to manage
- Offers of first refusal
- Applications and attendance before the FTT (First Tier Tribunal) Lands Tribunal (LT) county court and high court
- Retained by tenants and solicitors for the enfranchisement block and corresponding legal advice
- We believe our new build flat should be ready in three months’ time and have just been advised our mortgage offer has expired. What should we do?
- Can I change my solicitors part-way through the purchase of my flat?
- How can a group of leaseholders buy the freehold of their properties if some of them are sublet?
- I want to extend the lease on my flat, and have been reading about changes to leasehold legislation. Will the changes benefit my situation or should I wait?
- I own a flat with a short lease and cannot afford to extend it. I am now facing difficulty selling my property. Do I have any options?
Related Services and Sectors
They are knowledgeable, responsive and a pleasure to work with.