Home / Expertise / Services / Real Estate / Residential Landlord and Tenant
Residential Landlord and Tenant
Our dedicated team has expert knowledge in prime residential landlord and tenant law.
+44(0)20 7783 3567HemaAnand@bdbpitmans.com
From tenancy agreements to block management, residential landlord and tenant law covers a multitude of complex and wide ranging issues.
Our team advises both landlords and tenants and works with individuals, management companies, agents and residents associations to deliver practical, commercial solutions on a variety of wide ranging and potentially complex issues including:
- Disputed alterations
- Interpretation and variation of leases
- Service charge recovery
- Legal costs recovery and other administration charges
- Forfeiture (bringing the lease to an end)
- Consultation on major works
- Appointing a manager
- Block management and guidance on good management practice
- Setting up a right to manage company
- Litigation arising from lease extensions / freehold purchases
- Landlords prohibited from forfeiting commercial leases until 30 June 2020
- The neighbours above our flat are very noisy. What should we do?
- I own a leasehold flat. Can my landlord charge me £5,000 to remove an inside wall?
- I own a flat with a share of freehold. Do I still need the landlord’s consent before I carry out structural works to my flat?
- I want to make alterations to my flat, but joint freeholders are blocking this. What can I do?
- I have a small portfolio of rental properties. Will I be affected by the recent ban on tenant fees?
- I am buying a flat and have been advised that the landlord of the building is missing. Should I be worried?
- I want to carry out major renovations to my flat, but my lease prohibits structural alterations. Is there anything I can do?
- We believe our new build flat should be ready in three months’ time and have just been advised our mortgage offer has expired. What should we do?
- Can I change my solicitors part-way through the purchase of my flat?
Related Services and Sectors
BDB are absolutely fantastic. Whatever the issue, there is always someone there who knows the answer. The information they provide is of the highest quality and their response time is excellent.
Chambers and Partners UK 2018