We work across a wide range of environmental law topics with particular experience in relation to Clean Air Zones, advising environmental regulators, and advising on environmental impacts of infrastructure projects as well as engaging in environmentally focused litigation.Sectors and Services
Our environmental law practice spans a range of services, ultimately focused on protections of the environment which exist in law. Experts across the firm come together to provide joined up services to clients which span legal disciplines.
Our clients in this field include public and private sector developers, regulators, landowners and public bodies.
We advise on:
- Environmentally focused infrastructure projects including flood defence schemes and renewable energy projects
- Drainage and water law issues
- Sewage discharges and licence conditions
- Environmental Regulation
- Marine licencing
- Land management including community stewardship projects
- Environmental Permitting and licences
- Environmental Impact Assessment including assessments under the Water Framework Directive and Habitats Directive
- Clean Air Zones and other road user charging schemes
- Environmentally focused litigation including Judicial Review and Environmental Review
The team at BDB Pitmans stands out for its expertise in environmental planning, taking a leading role in advising local authorities on clean air zones
– The Legal 500