Alan has over 35 years’ experience of advising insurers, businesses and other organisations on the defence of employer’s liability, public liability and property damage claims.
Alan also provides advice and representation on health and safety and regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Defended numerous civil claims for damages from employees and members of the public allegedly arising from breaches of workplace health and safety obligations, breaches of statutory duty and negligence
- Acted in the investigation of scores of claims for damages by former employees for damages for industrial disease including asbestos and noise induced hearing loss
- Attended PACE interviews and investigations by HSE and EHOs into alleged breaches of The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Machinery Directive, Fire Regulations and related legislation involving serious injury or near misses and have helped satisfy concerns of the investigating authorities such that no prosecution has arisen
- Advising clients in respect of a £30 million fire claim in which the clients have been implicated. Pre-litigation enquiries have involved interviewing eyewitnesses and fire officers and gathering evidence to demonstrate that the fire was preventable and, in the alternative, not caused by the client’s acts or omissions
- Defended claim where the Claimant was rendered paraplegic following an accident allegedly caused by our client’s negligence. The claim was successfully struck out when the court accepted our application that the Claim Form had not been served within 4 months of issue