Christina has over 20 years’ experience in residential, commercial and mixed use development.
Christina advises on all aspects of planning law and at all stages of the acquisition and planning process. She provides strategic planning advice in respect of large scale development including advising on CIL, affordable housing and viability issues, SANG, SAMM, Nitrate and Phosphate mitigation, Sustainability and Biodiversity Net Gain.
Christina drafts and negotiates complex planning and highways agreements and also advises on cross-boundary issues, the implications of the Crichel Down rules (in relation to land previously acquired under compulsory purchase), rights of way, including issues arising from the Natural Environmental and Rural Communities Act 2006. Christina also deals with Commons Act consents and deregistration and advises in relation to the defence of village green and asset of community value applications (including proceedings in the First and Upper Tier Tribunals ) and representing clients in Judicial Review and Statutory Review Proceedings.
- Advising the Metropolitan Police on obtaining planning permission for a number of muster briefing and deployment centres required across London for the 2012 London Olympics
- Advising on a 3300 unit development in South Oxfordshire including the provision of a new primary school, a new secondary school, shops and community facilities
- Advising on a 1100 unit mixed use development in Milton Keynes
- Advising on a mixed use development in Hampshire including 700 units, a care village and community facility
- Banner Homes Limited v St Albans City and District Council & Anor  EWCA Civ 1187: Advising the developer in the Court of Appeal on the registration of an Asset of Community Value