Jenny specialises in the delivery of development projects in both the public and private sector. She has acted on land aspects of a wide range of projects, including acquisition of land and related rights and covenants for cable car, guided bus, light and heavy rail, tram, energy infrastructure and large scale inner London regeneration schemes. Jenny is also experienced in managing cross department teams on projects as well as managing multi-disciplinary teams of other professionals on projects to deliver work streams on time and within the agreed scope.
In the course of these activities, Jenny has developed specialisms dealing with compulsory purchase using temporary possession, general vesting powers, producing and serving notices to treat, notices of entry, notices of intention and general vesting notices for all projects. Her experience includes advising National Grid on with its Hinkley Point C Grid Connection Development and Richborough Connection Project.
Jenny takes on a proactive role working closely with clients on implementation strategy to ensure the minimum amount of land required is acquired subject to compulsory purchase, to prevent permanently acquiring land that isn’t needed. Jenny also has experience of negotiating the purchase of land on a consensual basis whilst advising on the need and timing for compulsory purchase powers to be applied for and used.
- Advising National Grid in connection with the Waltham Cross to Hackney overhead line, Hinkley Point C Connection and Richborough Connection DCO Project
- Advising West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) in relation to all real estate related issues
- Acting on land acquisition and other property aspects of Woolwich Arsenal and Stratford International extensions for Docklands Light Railway Limited
- Acting on behalf of Transport for London on the acquisition of land and airspace for the development of a cable car across the river Thames
- Advising Hitachi Rail Europe Limited in connection with the £4.5 billion Intercity Express Programme