John has over 30 years’ experience advising on substantial commercial property acquisitions and disposals, and landlord and tenant lease negotiation.
John has particular expertise in marina, harbour and other waterfront properties.
He has a background in farming and acts for working and lifestyle farmers and has acted for large agricultural institutional investors.
He is also a speaker at RICS events.
- Acting for an international banking institution in taking a lease of a site on the Isle of Dogs which led to the same client promoting this as the site of what is now Canary Wharf
- Leading the property team in relation to the £200 million disposal of Red Funnel to the Prudential infrastructure fund
- Leading the property team on the £60 million disposal of the Petrol Express chain of petrol filling stations
- Leading the property team on the £100 million disposal of the national HobbyCraft chain of retail stores
- Advising on the acquisition of a prime site on the River Dart in Devon for a £75 million mixed marina, leisure, residential and commercial development