Lavinia has experience of every stage of litigation, from pre-action through to trial, and of alternative dispute resolution including mediation.
She assists trustees, executors and beneficiaries in relation to contested wills, claims under the Inheritance Act, disputes regarding the administration of estates, and UK and international trusts.
Lavinia has worked on a number of shareholders disputes, which have often been resolved at a mediation. She also assists with commercial disputes including breaches of contract and alleged misrepresentations.
Lavinia has experience of public law including judicial reviews, statutory appeals and inquests.
Lavinia acts as Privy Council agent in a number of appeals.
- Dinglis Properties Limited v Dinglis Management Limited  EWHC 2099 (Ch): a commercial dispute regarding directors’ duties, a disputed agency relationship and unlawful distributions to shareholders
- Griffin v Folkes & Others  EWHC 2559 (Ch): an application for the executors of an estate to be removed and replaced with an independent solicitor
- McDermott v HCPC  EWHC 2899 (Admin): acting for the Health and Care Professions Council to defend an appeal against a 12 month suspension order imposed on a physiotherapist
- Assisting an individual to make a claim against her late partner’s estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- R (on the application of Christchurch Borough Council) v Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government )  EWHC 2126 (Admin): acting for the Interested Parties in a judicial review of the Secretary of State’s decision to recommend local government reform in Dorset