Cheryl is an associate in BDB Pitmans’ will and trust disputes team and advises on disputes involving trustees, beneficiaries, executors, attorneys and charities.
She has particular expertise in advising clients on claims for reasonable financial provision from an estate, claims relating to the validity of wills and trust documents, rectification claims, removal of executors and trustees, mental capacity matters, breach of trust claims, proprietary estoppel claims, professional negligence claims and contentious Court of Protection matters.
She also has experience advising on commercial, partnership and media disputes.
Cheryl Gayer is great, very organised and also knowledgeable but she really makes matters tick along, she is very proactive.
The Legal 500 UK 2020
- Acting for a widow bringing a claim for reasonable financial provision from the deceased’s multi-million pound estate, achieving a settlement at mediation
- Acting for an executor defending a cross-jurisdictional challenge to the validity of his parents’ wills, which involved responding to data subject access requests and applying to remove a caveat
- Acting for an executrix of an estate of an individual resident in South Africa defending constructive trust and proprietary estoppel claims relating to UK property, which included consideration of South African law and tracing the proceeds of sale concerning property situated in Hong Kong
- Advising an attorney on a claim against the former attorney for breach of their statutory duties under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Advising a beneficiary of their entitlement to a conditional pecuniary legacy in a will