Tom specialises in the authorisation of major infrastructure projects. He has a wealth of experience helping promoters obtain consent for complex projects, across the full range of consents processes including development consent orders (DCOs), transport and works orders, private and hybrid bills and harbour orders. He also advises those affected by major projects to ensure their interests are properly protected.
He has worked on some of the largest and most high profile infrastructure projects in the UK. He is currently leading BDB’s legal team advising Highways England on the Lower Thames Crossing, its largest ever project, and on a number of other DCOs to authorise major highway improvements.
He is also leading on major expansion plans for Luton Airport, and advising TFL on the Rotherhithe to Canary Wharf pedestrian and cycle crossing.
Tom is one of the UK’s leading experts on road user charging, workplace parking levies (WPL) and low emission zones. He advises Nottingham City Council on its WPL scheme.
Tom Henderson is a stand-out individual and he is developing team members. Issues are expedited diligently and professionally.
Legal 500 UK 2020
- Lower Thames Crossing project, for Highways England
- London Luton Airport expansion
- Rotherhithe to Canary Wharf Crossing, for Transport for London
- Road Investment Strategy schemes for Highways England – A19 Testo’s and Downhill Lane Junction Schemes; M42 Junction 6 Improvement
- Nottingham Workplace Parking Levy